Legal Information Platform
For legal issues regarding CLARIN-D, visit the CLARIN-D Legal Information Platform, which features information on a variety of legal issues, including:
- copyright and data sharing
- orphan works
- database protection
- data privacy best practices
- building corpora from web resources
- best practices for dealing with authors and publishers
For now (as of late 2012), this is located on the restricted-access CLARIN-D Wiki, but it will be migrated to this web page in the coming months. The Legal Information Platform is provided as information only; we do not provide legal advice.
Technical Help Desk
The Technical Help Desk is a service to the users of CLARIN-D. It will provide answers to questions and problems regarding language ressources and services, especially with respect to the CLARIN-D infrastructure.
Detailed information regarding the pertinent Work Package 7 ("Support and Helpdesk") can be found here.
Please feel invited to ask your respective questions - send a mail to the responsible colleague at the Hamburger Zentrum für Sprachkorpora (HZSK):
Materials for Training and Education
We will collect materials for training and education in a collaborative repository.
- Learning modules: aim at providing support on the introductory and advanced levels in the use of language resources and technologies.
- Teaching modules: aim at the integration into teaching, comprising short teaching modules (approx. 2-4 hours) supplementing existing seminars and independent laboratories/seminars (2 credit hours) supplementing existing modules/study programs.
What we can offer
- financial aid for a research stay at one of the CLARIN-D centers (3-6 hostings per project year)
- hands-on experience for the usage of language resources and/or language technology designated to a particular research
- researchers (senior, PostDoc, PhD) with a particular research plan that need help in the application of language resources and/or language technology
- concrete research plan
- report about your stay
- presentation of your work at the center
- integration of the outcome of your work in CLARIN-D
What do you have to do?
- select the appropriate CLARIN-D center
- contact the center of the CLARIN-D helpdesk for further information about capacities for a hosting and application procedures
Information about the centres
|Centre||Areas of expertise||Research interests||Projects|
||Projects of the Language Archive:|
||Methods, tools for and distribution of:
|IMS, Stuttgart||Computational Linguistics:
Dates and place of stay
From 19th April 2012 to 19th June 2012 at the Universität des Saarlandes
Building a German-Georgian Parallel Treebank [Abstract]
- Multilingual Lexicography
- Generative Semantics
- Case Grammar Theory
- Systemic Functional Grammar
- Finite-State Automata Theory for NLP
During his stay at the UdS:
Institut fuer Angewandte Informationsforschung -IAI
Faculty of Humanities
Department of German Language and Literature